1) What makes Health Jumpstart unique?
- Developed by a U.S. Board-Certified physician trained in emergency medicine, lifestyle medicine, and mind-body perspectives.
- We don't just talk. We act. This course is designed to give you practices you can do in real-time to break old habits and create new ones.
- Dedicated time in live sessions with expert instructors to ask questions, dispel doubts, and find your unique path forward.
- A supportive, group learning environment where we share challenges and breakthroughs with each other. Nobody is alone.
- We don't beat around the bush. Health is power. You will feel your power and learn how to apply it toward your own healing.
2) Does this program target a particular disease or diagnosis?
Health Jumpstart is based on the principle that activating Nutrition, Movement, Connection, and Rest will help improve your overall mental and physical wellbeing, as evidenced by the importance given to these factors in the scientific literature. Many conditions, including cardiovascular, autoimmune, and more, are likely to improve with this overall approach.
3) Do you do any blood testing?
Any specific testing should be coordinated with your primary care provider. Recording data such as blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, mood, and more will provide you valuable information to further refine your approach after you complete Health Jumpstart. We encourage you to see your primary care provider before and after our program, and to keep them informed of your progress in the event that adjustments to medications are considered.
4) Do I need prior experience with healing, meditation, or cooking?
No prior experience is needed. The introspective practices we explore, including meditation and mindfulness, are explained in a way that anyone can participate. At the same time, they will still provide useful insights. Some basic cooking skills will of course be helpful, but no particular advanced knowledge is needed.
5) Do I need any special devices, apps, tech, or other materials to complete the program?
The entire program can be completed from any smartphone, laptop, or desktop. You will be provided links to join the live sessions on Zoom.
We do recommend that you keep a journal handy to note your experiences, insights, challenges, questions, and progress. This will be a record of your Health Jumpstart journey.
6) The course starts January 2, 2023. Can I still enroll now?
Yes, we encourage you to enroll now and save your seat. The content will become available to you on January 2, 2023.